Saturday, April 5, 2014

7's tournament #11

ADvertising!

I am down in Brockton Mass. (when the mass people pronounce it it sounds like prockton). I showed up this evening to do medical oversight of the 7's tournament that the men's St. Mikes rugby team is in tomorrow. This is all volunteer based, and its located in Stonehill mass.

The drive down I a ton of advertising, not only in magazines and on billboards, but also the signs showing what is coming up on the next exit. I thought this was pretty clever, because the advertising here for highway sign probably costs a pretty penny. Some companies that may be smaller might be fortunate to be near a Mcdonalds because they will have the signs and the huge arches, and if you were small time you just need to be near them for extra customers.

I'm sitting in my hotel room typing this blog and looking around for ad's. I am surprised to find so few. I think that may be in place because holiday inn already knows I'm staying here, and they only have a few things showing holiday inn. The shampoo/conditioner, pens, note pad. Other than that were staying in a hotel that is just a comfy room. I wonder why they have so few branding around, or why other companies have not tried to break into that. Either way I am happy I don't have to sit here and see so many ad's while I'm trying to get ready for bed.

We will be on the campus all day at stonehill, too bad this blog is due before that, it would be nice to see the branding of another campus besides St. Mikes.

Go St. MIKES!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment