Sunday, March 30, 2014

Branding or Advertising? #10

Marketing is in so many places. A lot of times I don't even notice an Ad or labeling, because I am so accustomed to seeing it. Last night I decided to take a look and see the advertising.

I went out and had an event downtown. My friends and I did what we call "pub golf". Where we go and have beer at a few places and we had teams. It was pretty fun just to hang out with my friends after a few weeks not no seeing them.

First thing I noticed was branding. It was everywhere: it was on our clothes, it was on the beer glasses, the mirrors, the neon lights, it was in window signs/banners. Branding was just a huge portion of last night from what I noticed. I also think that makes it easier. If you just use branding some people are loyal to that, also many people were drinking so any complex advertising may not work. Is there a huge difference in advertising and branding? I'm pretty sure they overlap a ton. First you need a brand, and you have to advertise for it, then once your brand is established you can use that logo in so many places and people will know what it means.

The very little advertising I did notice was coupled with the branding. I did see a lot of companies that use larger companies to get their product across. An example would be a coca-cola sign with your companies name on it. That way you still are able to get your own name out there, with the help of larger companies.

This is an example. I got this image from the web, because I didn't have my camera on me last night. These types of signs allows for the company to get their name out, and also a way for coca-cola to advertise/brand.

All in all, I found mostly branding as a part of a night on the town. There were street ad's, something like a poster or small billboard, but I know I didn't stop to read them. I think branding has it's great place to be able to reach and get into people.

No comments:

Post a Comment