Sunday, March 9, 2014

New Shoe #8

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, read last weeks blog. I introduced all of this as a topic.

I'm pretty excited about this week. So far we have been just in the middle of the pack, because we have been doing some spending that other 'companies' (my classmates) have not been doing. We currently are in 4th place overall (out of 13 teams). That's OK, but not for us. Fortunately we have been sticking to our original game plan to put maximum amount of money into product development. This means that our shoe product is already at level 3! We are about to be able to enter into the foreign market.

Tim, and Kt have been great as partners. I'm glad that when I have to rely on 20% of my grade it'll be with people who want to pass with flying colors. The first 2 decisions were relatively quick, they were within 4 days of each other. We have to wait for this week's decisions to close out on Monday evening.  I am fairly certain that we will get closer to the top team on income. We pulled out all the stops and went more aggressively to reach level 3 on our shoe development. We WILL have access to the foreign market (as I said) and this will expand who we can reach. We will be able to sell more shoes. More shoes is more profit, and we should be the first team to make it to the market.

In a different set of news we also put in contract bids. That is where we just try to sell our shoes that won't have our brand on them, we sell them for just a little bit above break even costs. Fortunately our break even is low, so hopefully the other companies didn't out bid us. We won't know until Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment